House fire causes $250,000 in damage | News
(WMC-TV) - An electrical problem started a fire that caused about a quarter of a million dollars in damage Sunday, according to the Memphis Fire Department.
Firefighters could see flames coming from the home at 737 block of Brownlee Rd. when they responded to the scene around 11:30 p.m.
No one was injured in the fire which took about 30 minutes to extinguish, according to the fire department.
Investigators say the fire started in an electrical panel in the home's carport.
The home suffered and its contents suffered about $170,000 in damage and about $60,000 in damage was done to vehicles parked on the property.
The fire eventually spread to a neighboring home and caused about $20,000 in damage.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.