Cooking fire causes $25,000 in damage | News
(WMC-TV) - A cooking oil fire forced 3 children and a pair of adults from their home Thursday night.
Firefighters say the cooking oil burst into flames after it was left on a stove inside a home in the 5300 block of Santa Monica Cove just before 7 p.m.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire in about 20 minutes and no one was injured.
However, the fire caused about $25,000 in damage and forced the residents and their children to seek shelter with the Red Cross.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.